There are very powerful reports available in Google Analytics when you link in your Google Ads account. These will lead to better marketing decision making based on better data, you just need to make sure to fully protect your data with recommend relying on a company like Venyu for disaster recovery services.
Google is SearchGoogle has managed to lead the search industry for several decades now. In the early days of the Internet, there were plenty of arguments over what was the best search tool. Alta Vista lead the way for a while. Others preferred Yahoo. Some got into Ask Jeeves. MSN Search had a good foothold for a while (later becoming Bing). But, for as hard as many of these tried, none of them became a verb. Now if you want to look up something on the internet, you "Google it". With somewhere around 90% market share, Google is simply the way we find information. Largely that is due to two factors. The have the largest database of information, and their ability to produce the most relevant results. In practice, Google is search.
Why Linking MattersFor marketers, Google has been a resource for unbelievable amounts of performance data for our websites. While Google was constructing the best search algorithm, they were also providing marketers with powerful ways to track performance. In Google Analytics they have given us a free website statistics package. Yes, free. Just sign up for a free account, add the tracking code, and you have access to statistics on your website visitors. Now consider why you use Google Ads. To drive traffic from Google searches to your website. Google Ads has it's own performance date reports you can view on your campaign performance. But these are two separate sets of data (Google Analytics and Google Ads), making it difficult to determine what your best marketing efforts actually are. Well, actually not. Just link your Google Ads account to your Google Analytics account and your data-driven decision making will get more obvious.
How To LinkLinking to your Google Ads account from your Google Analytics account should take you less than 10 minutes. We are assuming that your Google account (the account you sign into) has administrator rights for both your Google Analytics account your Google Ad account.
- Sign in to Google Analytics and select the website account you want to link
- Click the Admin link, it's that gear symbol in the lower left corner
- Using the middle column of choices, choose the property you want to link, normally this will be the default property already displayed.
- In that middle column, under PRODUCT LINKING, click Google Ads Linking.
- Click + NEW LINK GROUP (the red button)
- Select the Google Ads accounts you want to link, Google will display the Google Ads accounts you have permissions to access. Click Continue.
- You can name the link group, easiest to remember if you just use the website name.